Wednesday, August 11, 2010

T.I. talks Eminem, Fashion, and Alfamega

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Three years ago, T.I. shocked the hip hop world, when he was able to pull Eminem out of hiding for a collaboration. Working on T.I.'s 2007 album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., the duo united for "Touchdown." Most people responded well to the song. Lack of promotion led to it not becoming a radio hit, but it is a fan favorite.

Many listeners believed the song was a one-time-only collaboration between Eminem and T.I. But, following the recording, a bond was made between the two rappers. While the two have yet to collaborate again, T.I. said it is possible the two unite for King Uncaged. On his return album, T.I. plans to pull out all the stops.

Outside of the hip hop game, T.I. has branched out into clothing, making himself into a mogul. For the past three years, T.I. has been promoting his clothing line, AKOO. The line has steadily grown each year and will soon rival other established hip hop brands. When asked of his biggest inspiration in the fashion game, T.I. pointed to Diddy and Jay-Z, founders of Sean John and Rocawear, two of the biggest mainstays.

When T.I. first created AKOO, he hoped to have similar success to Rocawear. Pharrell, who worked with him on his debut album, hailed T.I. as the Jay-Z of the South. Once T.I. launched Grand Hustle Records and began putting albums out on a frequent basis, he started living up to the title. Now, branching out into clothing and film, the former rubberband man is hoping to be the successor. Had he not been in prison for most of last year, T.I. would have been hard at work on another album and cross promoting it with other projects.

The time T.I. spent in prison has been under much scrutiny, especially after he was released from prison early for good behavior. Former Grand Hustle artist, Alfamega suggested T.I. may have given information to the police to ensure his release. This is something T.I. has denied and other rappers, such as Ja Rule, have spoken up for T.I. Rule has known T.I. for a little while and he said he is not the type of man to give someone up for his own personal gain. T.I. said he would ignore all digs from Alfamega as they have not talked since 2008.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP