Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hottie of the Week: Brittany Monet

By Lady Killa
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Having been in the business since the tender age of five, Brittany Monet is ready to break into the game in a major way. Not only does she model, but she also dances and sings. Before the end of next year, she hopes to release her debut album. Despite being a triple threat, her talents do not stop there.

Outside of her career, Brittany is going to school at the University of Houston. Currently, she is persuing a degree in psychology so there is something for her to fall back on. Even with a full plate, a lot of energy goes into everything Brittany Monet does. Soon, she hopes all of this hard work will pay off.

Recently Hip Hop Vibe's own Lady Killa reached out to Brittany's camp and they reached back. The full interview can be read below:

1. Coming into a crowded field, how do you plan to separate yourself from the pack?

Basically it is simple, just being myself will separate me. I feel that each individual has their own unique characteristics so it is up to them to execute that. I always execute my strengths and weaknesses, so that I cannot be hindered by any opportunities.

2. In this business, a lot of women are overlooked because of their body types, how do you plan to show that you are more than a pretty face and a nice body?
- I plan on selling my entire package, not just my physical attributes. I feel that if I give a little at a time that won’t give room for people to make sudden judgments. We all have to grow together and if I’m a new face trying to attract all crowds I have to give them little by little so that way they will know me before they know the rest of my package.

3. When did you realize you wanted to be in show businesses?
- When I was a young child, around age 7, I always performed for daycares and small community centers, school, and benefit programs. Whenever I see the crowd’s face and how my presence on stage made them react I knew this was something I always wanted to do. To entertain, and to make people fall in love with dancing just as hard as I did.

4. When did you land your first gig?
- My first big gig as far as non-school or center programs was with, Ashley Williams R&B Sensation from Houston, and I got to dance with her from my good friend Hood Star Chantz putting in a good word for me. After that I was able to perform and do videos with Just Brittany and L-G Kalizouri Entertainment’s own Kimistry “The Mixed Breed” and Renaldo Price “Tha Truth”.

5. What inspires you to get up each day and continue to do what you do?
-God is my motivation, and my family! I aspire to be the best that I can be and if I can do that and put a smile on their faces I feel that is the greatest Blessing and motivation to keep pushing!

6. When can people expect to something from you?
-I’m working on a big surprise I don’t want to spill yet, but just know that it will be out at the end of the year and it will be something everyone will enjoy!

7. How do you plan to use the fact that you model as an advantage for your dance career?
-I feel networking will take me far. If you have positive people and a great social circle than you can achieve anything. By modeling it will show that I’m versatile, I may be doing a photo shoot one day for someone and they may need a dancer. That would put me on the map to showcase my multi-talents and you never know how that may work out!

8. Are you worried about people classifying you as another Melyssa Ford?
- Not at all! I am my own person and people will definitely see that.

9. Do you currently have a deal with a label or modeling agency?
Management Company: L-G Kalizouri Entertainment (Model/Dancer)

10. Do you have any material already out there?
-I do, but I am working on my YouTube page to be reconstructed so all of my footage is down. As soon as I get it back up I’ll post it on my twitter and Facebook.

11. Where can people go to see more images of you and see your videos?
-I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Dance Jam, here on Hip Hop Vibe, and You Tube. My facebook is Brittany Monet, twitter is @London_BEE and my You Tube is being constructed along with my dance jam, but I’ll post that as soon as they are fixed. L-G Kalizouri Entertainment’s website coming soon! Check out L-G Kalizour on FB as well.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP